Safety Tax Free (“us” or “we”) take measures to ensure that all personal data submitted through www.safetytaxfree.com and the Safety Tax Free App is handled in accordance with the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, with the Article 29 of the Data Protection Working Party adopted on 27 February 2013 and with the German Federal Data Protection Act 14 January 2003.
Collection of personal information
To ensure the optimal user experience, when you first access the Safety Tax Free App, we will ask for your permission to access and collect your personal information, such as your email address (for the purpose of account registration) as well as your current location, phone contacts, WeChat and/or Weibo account and passport information (for access to the full range of features provided by Safety Tax Free App).
Below are presented the details on what type information we may collect from you, how this information will be used and what features are supported by that information. Please note that it is possible to manually override these features from your mobile device in relation to the App. You can check the settings of your mobile device for more information. However, doing so may prevent the App from functioning as intended.
We may receive personal information and contact details from you, such as name, date of birth, place of birth, address, telephone number, passport details, email address and other personal details when you:
- use the services made available on our site or App;
- complete any surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes (although you will never be obliged to respond to them);
- enter any competitions or participate in any promotions sponsored by us;
- respond to our direct marketing activities;
- you carry out and process your VAT refund by using our App;
- correspond with us by post, email or via the forms on our site; or
- report a problem with our site and/or App;
- visit partner retailers and make purchases;
- visit our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own financial purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about you contained in any documents you provide to us for the purposes of processing your application for an account with us.
We may access and collect the following information through our website www.safetytaxfree.com or our App.
- Identity: Connecting your WeChat or Weibo account with the App allows you to register for App through these social media platforms and will provide us with information concerning your identity as recorded in your account details on these social media platforms. Otherwise you can register by providing information such as your name and email address through the form in App.
- Contacts: By giving us access to your phone book contacts, you can invite Friends to download the App and design trips together. Please note that the person you invite as a friend will need to explicitly accept your invitation in order to be included in your friend list.
- Location: We obtain information about your current location to suggest nearby places of interest and provide you with location-sensitive content.
- Phone: Giving us access to your phone allows you to contact any listed entry by directly clicking on that entry’s phone number in the App.
- Wi-Fi connection info: We use this information to detect if your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Through the device’s app settings you can further allow the usage of cellular data.
The above information may also be used for purposes such as:
- verifying your identity and assisting you if you forget your username or password;
- enabling user registration;
- customising the promotional content that you and your friends receive;
- sharing time-sensitive content such as events and limited offers.
Account registration allows you to create, save, edit and share customised itineraries. To register for an account, you need to input your email address (unless you choose to log in through your WeChat or Weibo account), name and provide a password for authentication.
When accessing our website www.safetytaxfree.com we may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Storage of data
If you opt to register with us, your email address, name, password, local check-in information and any other information collected by the App will be stored in our backend servers in European Economic Area (EEA). You acknowledge that this will necessarily require your information to be transferred and processed outside the EEA and consent to such transfer and processing. The processing of data to third countries will be carried out in compliance with the German Federal Data Protection Act 14 January 2003 and the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Should you wish to delete your account and have all your content and personal data removed from our database, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com or by getting in touch with our WeChat customer service centre (WeChat ID: yituishui). Once your account is deactivated, we will delete your data from our servers and send you a confirmation.
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our WeChat customer service centre (WeChat ID: yituishui).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Safety Tax Free GmbH
Zeppelinstr. 33, Garching bei Muenchen, 85748, Germany
Tel: +49 8912257317
WeChat ID: yituishui